I don’t typically do these kinds of posts, but I felt like straying from what I usually do for once. I was nominated for a Liebster Award, which really just means I answer a bunch of questions and then choose five other people to say, “Tag, you’re it!” I was nominated by the author of A Muse Who Likes to Muse.
Here are the rules:
1.) Mention the person who nominated you, and link them to your post.
2.) Answer the questions the blogger has asked you.
3.) Nominate five other bloggers.
4.) Create you own questions for the nominees to answer.
1. What gives you a sense of purpose in life?
I suppose I would be a horrible husband and a father if I didn’t say that my wife and child give me a sense of purpose in life, right? But for longer than my son has been around and for longer than I’ve known my wife, artistic creation has given me a sense of purpose. I’ve been an artist and a writer for as long as I can remember, and without being able to draw or to write, I would be empty.
2. What is your ideal weather in order to be overjoyed to be outside?
Warm enough to wear shorts and a t-shirt, but cool enough that I don’t sweat. Also, some cloud cover to keep the sun from beating down on my pale skin the entire time I’m outside.
3. What advice would you give to your younger self if you could?
“You will fail. Constantly. But the successes that come along once in a while make it worth the pain.”
4. What are 7 things you love about your life?
- I get to be a stay-at-home dad.
- I found a woman that I’m completely happy with who feels the same about me.
- I’ve experienced a heck of a lot in 33 years of life.
- I’m stubborn. This comes in handy when trying to complete a task.
- I know how to brew my own beer.
- I live in an era when I can self-publish my own works without having to deal with the drudgery and frustration of the traditional publishing model.
- That when I get passionate about something, I get PASSIONATE about it.
5. If you could choose 10 musicians/bands to share with the world, who would you choose?
- They Might Be Giants
- Dream Theater
- Ben Folds
- Animals as Leaders
- Sithu Aye
- Guided By Voices
- Bad Religion
- The Pixies
- Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
I don’t really read blogs much anymore because I don’t have time, so I only have two nominees: Kat Micari and Alice Nuttall. If anyone else wants to do this, feel free to lie and say I nominated you. ;-)
Here are the questions for the nominees:
1.) What is your ideal day like, from the moment you wake up until you go to sleep?
2.) What routines do you have to keep yourself productive?
3.) What’s your favorite food-related guilty pleasure?
4.) Coffee or tea? Why?
5.) What is your current passion/obsession?